Residential Property Appraiser
Description & Details: the position requires considerable concentration, ability to manage time effectively, and work with minimal to no supervision. It is subject to stress caused by a changing public environment, diversity in the organization, ask questions and execute assignments.
- evaluating properties to establish market values using internal and external sources,
- making site visits, inspecting property, measuring improvements
- prepare reports that fully explain assessment results and outline methods used
- keep abreast with all current regulations, standards and best practices
- Tremendous work ethic and honesty
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Submit to background check and drug testing
- Must have dependable transportation
- Must be willing to obtain a Registered Professional Appraiser (RPA) license through the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
Education: High School Diploma required. Preference given to education attained beyond high school level.
Essential Physical Demands: requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, and twisting upper body. Must be able to hear and speak both in person and by phone. Must be able to see and read fine print and lift up to 40 pounds.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pay and Benefits: This is a salaried position with the salary based on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, and dental insurance, retirement plan, sick leave and vacation.
Applicants must be willing to undergo drug testing and background checks that are in accordance with local laws.
Navarro Central Appraisal District is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply/ Contact:
or send to:
Navarro Central Appraisal District
Attn: Tom Dally
P.O. Box 3118
Corsicana, TX 75151-3118